Scherer Inc. is a fast-growing company in need of a motivated individual to assist in its expansion. Scherer Inc. produces replacement kernel processor rolls, offers a complete line of mill rolls for both stationary and portable roller mills and provides a full-service manual machining service for both repair and small production runs.
This position will report to the Vice President of Operations. As the Purchasing & Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for material requirements planning, purchasing, receiving and inventory control. Determine material requirements based upon: customer orders or forecast and pre-determined safety stock levels. Based upon materials requirements, place necessary purchase orders using JobBoss. Assure JobBoss has accurate inventory counts at all times. Act as a liaison between suppliers and internal customers on all issues regarding purchased materials. Review and update costs of materials in JobBoss to ensure accurate inventory valuation. Assist the Receiving Department with issues regarding receiving of purchased parts.
- Partner with owners to drive reductions in inventory levels and overall costs.
- Develop programs to ensure inventory accuracy and ensure availability.
- Negotiations with suppliers of all raw materials, supply items and service contracts.
- Drive improvements through use of inventory control methods.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a similar managerial position in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred; combination of applicable experience and education may be considered.
- CPIM certification preferred
- Experience in development of overall policy & programs for the area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, take initiative and be resourceful
- High attention to detail and must be results oriented
- Strong knowledge of raw materials.
- Establish and govern inventory targets and replenishment processes.
- Firm understanding of ERP required.
- Strong verbal & written
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Mid-Senior level
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com